Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My 1st class at Gymboree

June 11, 2008
climbing the slide
I had my first class at Gymboree. I got to play by myself for a while because I was early. I had fun climbing and jumping on the trampoline. The place was very colorful. I had fun playing with Memi and then with Dadi. :)

Dadi rolling me along

My teacher arrived at 4pm and so did my other classmates. My classmates names were Sam, Anika, Paola and Sidney.

I was excited and curious to see what would happen because it was my first time in a class. Memi said I was very good at sitting and listening to my teacher, even when all the other kids were distracted and running away to play.

CIMG1711

The theme for the day was monkeys, ooh aahh!!! We pretended to be monkeys, looked around for bananas, fed a monkey puppet some bananas, had a pretend coconut cafe where we climbed small hills and then did the BANANA SHAKE and the gorilla stomp, crossed the bridge to monkey island, climbed a make-believe tree to pick a banana, sang songs about monkeys with actions - CLOMP!, and hung around the monkey bars like a monkey. I was the best at hanging. I could hold on for 22 seconds, everyone held on for 9 seconds. I practice hanging at home a lot!

We also sang a song with Jimbo the clown of Gymboree, caught a lot of bubbles, and made a colorful house with the parachute. We played in and out with a long and colorful garter.

In and out game

stretch it...

We shook colorful maracas and then played the keeping game with a song, "this is the way we pack away, pack away, pack away" to the tune of the wheels on the bus.

At the end teacher gave everyone stamps for being good, but I didn't want any, because I didn't like to stamp it on my body..heheheh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awwww! the picture with the giant ball is sweet!