Sunday, October 21, 2007

16 months old, howboutchu?



I've learned so much!

I can climb up the couch and go down all by myself. I can push a cart and steer. I can climb up the playground slide by myself, cross the bridge and sit down to slide down the winding slide at the other end. I can ride my trike, and push off with my feet to move forward. I like dancing with my butt moving side to side, moving the beat of Hi-5 songs or PAPAYA!

I can say when I am cranky or sleepy. I can almost use a spoon by myself. I'm still learning that one, but I don't have any trouble picking up food with my hands. I also announce, "Finished!" when I am done playing or eating.

I can identify almost anything, because I've been watching lots of Baby Einstein and Brainy baby videos. I know frog, rainbow, butterfly, horse, circle, red, blue, triangle, pizza and lots more! I know some of my shapes and colors already!

I can sing the last lines of the ABC song, Twinkle little star, Way Back into Love, Breakaway, and lots more. I'm now learning Row, row, row your boat.

I like to make doodles with Memi's highlighters and markers. I say, "wite" (write). My favorite shows are the ones with songs, like Lazy Town, Hi-5, Go Diego Go, and Dora the explorer.

I can follow simple instructions, like bringing Dady his cellphone, and taking off my shoes. I can stack blocks on top of each other now without Memi's help. My favorite part is knocking down the tower of blocks! I like to carry heavy things just to see if I can lift them.

I like reaching up on the table to see if I can get the things there. I also try to make the small stool a car by sitting on it and pushing forward with my feet.

I'm still reading my books, but now, I like to turn the pages and fast forward the story to the end. My favorite game is still peek-a-boo. I always get excited. I love getting applause and entertaining people. I also do a fake cry when I am frustrated and don't get what I like. I am testing my independence all the time.

I like copying all the things I see, that's why I'd like to have a play kitchen. I also have stroller now, and I love pushing it around.

I'm into exploring, howboutchu?

No comments: